5 Ingredient Plant Based Double Chocolate Hamantaschen
One of the fun things as well as a challenge with being newly plant based is figuring out how to make some of our holiday recipes that fit within our new lifestyle. These double chocolate crowd pleasing Hamantaschen are a hit even with our non plant based friends and family! *Total bonus* our boys loved them too
1/4 cup cashews
9 oz pitted dates
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup non dairy chocolate chips (I used Lily's)
2 tbsp coconut oil
*sprinkles optional but totally fun*
(Parchment paper and rolling pin)
1. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil, microwave until melted and stir together.
2. Place in the fridge until it becomes a bit firm.
1. Combine cashews, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor. Blend until a "dough" forms and is no longer sticking to the sides
2. Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll until desired thickness (I went for as thin as possible)
3. Cut dough into circles and set aside. Combine the scraps into another ball and roll out, repeat until all of the dough is used.
4. Remove filling from the fridge, scoop and place ball shapes into the center of the circles.
5. Pinch sides together making three corners
6. Refrigerate so the are a bit firm and enjoy!